Sunday, April 4, 2010

General Conference!
















April 3-4, 2010




This is one of my favorite weekends of the whole year, I love it! I love turning on the TV (or radio or computer, there are many options nowadays :) ) and being able to listen to inspired words from PROPHETS and APOSTLES of God. And it seems that no matter what the talk is about, even if it's about fatherhood, I can always find something that applies directly to my life, or a situation that I'm in, even problems that I'm dealing with right now. It's amazing! It
reminds me of how grateful I truly am to have a living prophet on the earth today, who receives guidance and revelation from GOD specifically for our day, for US. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I KNOW that there is a God, that He loves us, and that He has a hand in our day to day lives. He knows us each on a very deep and personal level, and I know that He sends people - friends, family, even complete strangers - into our paths to help us, to teach us something, and to bless and enrich our lives. And I KNOW that Thomas S. Monson is a PROPHET OF GOD, that He has been called of God, and that His words come directly from God. How lucky are we to be able to listen to these prophets of God all weekend. I love it!

Here's an analogy that I think pretty accurately describes my feelings for conference! :)


General Conference is like Christmas. Except... they actually focus on CHRIST, It comes twice a year, and instead of temporal presents, we get Spiritual ones!!



No comments:

Post a Comment