For SPRING BREAK (March 15-19th) I went to........
SAN DIEGO!!
I went with two of my best friends, Megan Jones and Marzzieh Islami. We drove there.... 13 hours! But we found many ways to entertain ourselves during this time. :) I brought along an old Halloween mask of my dad's (see picture below) that we used to surprise cars that we passed on that LONG stretch of 2-lane freeway, the looks on their faces were priceless! I loved it.

We got to go to Knott's Berry Farm one of the days, which was really fun! Lots of big rides. For dinner one night we went to this place called "Medievil Times", and it was amazing! I had never even heard of it before, but Meg recommended it and I am so glad she did! It was like a jousting tournament, each section of the arena was a different team, and we would all cheer for our knight as he courageously fought the other knights. :) Our knight WON! And while the games were going on, they served us a delicious meal, which we had to eat with our... hands! No utensils were provided. I guess they didn't have forks back in 1603. Hmm.
The next day we went to the San Diego TEMPLE!! Gorgeous. I love temples so much, and am so grateful that I had the opportunity to do baptisms for the dead in the San Diego Temple. Our friends Andrew Oldfield and Todd Barrow happened to be in San Diego the same week for their Spring Break, and they came to the temple with us and performed the baptisms and confirmations for us. Thanks guys! It was fun seeing them in San Diego. I hadn't seen Todd in a very long time and it was really good to see him again. After the temple we all went to lunch at IN N OUT, I love that place! They have them all over in California, so no one really understood our excitement when we found one!! Apparently they aren't as big of a thing everywhere else as they are in Utah. :)
This is Todd, Megan, me, Marzzieh, and Andrew! All have been my really good friends for a long time, Meg and Marzz for a lot longer though. :)
The last two days we just spent at the beach!! I had never swam in the ocean before, and I loved it so much! I loved the waves crashing at my feet and the big swells that would just take us out. Being in that water (even though it was freeeezing), surrounded by my best friends with the warm California sun on my skin - it was just one of those moments that I want to burn into my memory forever.
This was right after they buried me!! Only my head was showing. I don't recommend it.... I had sand EVERY where!! and I do mean everywhere.

Second Day at the BEACH!!!


I had a little too much fun with this one on my photo editor, but I love it! I love how much brighter it made the colors. Also.. the way it made us look 10x as tan.. ya I like that too! :)This first video is a little bit of us swimming in the ocean, and the second one is Alfred at work. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment