
This is Ashley Thayne, one of my very best friends!! I love her so much. :) Ok, Let me just start by saying how much I LOVE my ysa Branch! The people, the leaders, the friends, the activities, my calling, the whole deal. I have learned a lot through my responsibilities in the branch, and have also made some amazing friends! I am so grateful for the friendships and the associations that I have made in my branch, I love it!
This last weekend we (the activities committee) threw a "Revenge of the Nerds" dance! And it was such a success!! We had about 150 people there during the peak, and I think everyone really had a great time. We had lots of food, a chess set and a map puzzle set up in the corner (initially intended just as decoration, but ended up being a big hit, with at least one person there ALL night :) hahaha) and Saved by the Bell was playing all night, projected against a screen on the wall. The funnest part I think was finding a nerd outfit and dressing up! Everyone was really creative, it was fun seeing everyone's costumes.



_________________________________________________________
The weekend of the 9th and 1oth I made my first trip to Provo...ever! I had to go down there for a training for ILP, the program I'm going to Mexico with. I went with my friend Ashley Thayne, and we stayed with her sister's family who lives in Provo so we didn't have to drive home Friday night and come back Saturday morning! I am so glad that Ashley came with me, that would have been such a long boring weekend without her! The trainings were from 8am-5pm each day, so she would drop me off then take my car back to her sister's or just do whatever during the day, then she'd come back and get me and we just played in Provo! Friday night when I got done we went for an amazing run, it felt SO good! The weather was beautiful and we got to run right along side the Provo river. Then later Friday night we went to a bridal shower of one of her friends, then drove around random apartments parking lots. :) Early Saturday morning we got up and hiked up to the Y on the mountain! That hike is a lot harder than it looks, just in case you were wondering! But it was really fun, and good exercise. And we learned that the Y looks very different when you are up close, you can hardly even tell it's a Y!


Can you see the Y?? Look really close... :) The one below is us standing on the Y! You can hardly tell what it is.

Hahaha.... at the bridal shower I won a blue ringpop!! ..and it turned my teeth blue! :)

"drove around random apartment parking lots" hahahahahahaha that was so funny!
ReplyDelete