Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Yesterday I had TWO finals... stressful day! One of them was for communications and the other was an oral final exam for Spanish. I was really nervous for the communications one, so in order to be prepared I stayed up until 4am studying... mistake #1. Second mistake... thinking that because I felt comfortable with the Spanish exam I didn't need to study for it. Turns out that I did! I went into my professor's office for the oral... and just completely froze up. He would ask me questions, and I just stared at him. Stumbled out a few answers here and there but could not remember the conjugations of the different verbs! Specifically the subjunctive and command forms. So needless to say I walked out of that office feeling lower than low... hoping maybe have pulled off a C. ...If that. I was so frustrated with myself!! The lowest test score I have had all semester in Spanish was a 95, but I managed to ruin that streak in 5 minutes flat! So on the drive home from campus I was still pretty upset.. I even cried a little! Embarrassing. I think I'm getting more and more emotional as I get older...and it is usually over such trivial things. Haha I need to work on that! I can't just ruin my tough-girl image, can I? :) Anyways, I finally get home and walk inside, hoping to be able to just lie down on my bed and have some time to happy up. I hate it when I'm ornery, it's not me at all. But like every trial, I KNOW that Heavenly Father has something for us to gain, something for us to learn. And in most situations, I think it comes in the most unexpected ways. I also believe that ALL people are put into our lives for a reason, at certain times for a divine purpose. Here is yet another example of this, of Heavenly Father's love for all of his children. This is what I saw as I got out of my car, before I even reached my front porch steps.


She had hand-picked me a vase of daffodils!! How sweet is that. And how can you NOT smile when you see something so beautiful?? There is a little piece of heaven in a child's smile, I'm sure of it. So pure, so innocent, so forgiving, so loving. I love this little girl more than just about anything and am SO grateful that I am blessed to have her in my life. I have sure learned a lot from her, and I think I now more fully understand what it means to 'be as a little child.' I love you ALIZAE!!

____________________________________

After 23 months of working as a teller at the Bank of Utah, last FRIDAY was my very last day! Bittersweet. I am really sad to leave but excited for the adventure that lays ahead of me. It has been such an amazing job and I have gotten to be good friends with alot of amazing people. I have also learned and grown a ton! I've learned alot about finances and about how to balance a checkbook and just how to save and to be smart with my money. I'm sure these skills will come in handy quite often now was well as in the future!! I am sure going to miss all of the crazy customers and funny people, I consider quite a few of them my friends! However, I won't miss the creepy winks from old men... :) OR the city ladies setting me up on dates with their "Very good-looking" sons and/or brothers...when in reality they
turn out to be eccentric 28 year old men. Or in the other case, a not-so-humble egocentric law enforcement officer. Both very nice men... just not my type. :) I'll miss the bank!! Hopefully I'll get to come back to work when I come back from Mexico... we will see though!

___________________________________________


ONE week. SEVEN days. ONE HUNDRED SIXTY EIGHT hours.

.......until.......

MÉXICO!!!!

I'm a bit excited... can you tell?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment