GOOD NEWS! I think my break-up letter has finally done the trick - today was such a beautiful day! The sun was shining, and I could actually see the grass - I thought this day would never come. It's still pretty chilly though... I was so cold today walking around on campus to my different classes!! (I suppose this is mostly due to the fact that I'm trying to prove to the world, by not even wearing a jacket, that it is Spring already - which I'm quickly learning is NOT the brightest idea) But I LOVED being able to escape the cold air by climbing into my warm toasty car, and having the warm sun shine down through the windows. One of the BEST feelings. One of lifes simple pleasures.
Also, today we had the funeral services for my great-aunt, Gene Wells. She passed away last week, and she will be so very missed. The funeral services were great though, a CELEBRATION of her life - and there were so many people who came. A few things that I will always remember about Gene are her many skills and talents- such as cooking, crocheting, knitting, and sewing - and especially her excitement as I began to take an interest in these things through her. Some of my favorite memories of Gene are spending the afternoon with her as she taught me how to crochet 'granny squares' and getting her advice on a dress that I was sewing using material she had given me. Also, she was so tough, I don't recall ever hearing her complain about her pain or discomfort - an example that I look up to so much! She was such a sweet lady, a friend to all who knew her. We love and miss you Gene!!
Also, today we had the funeral services for my great-aunt, Gene Wells. She passed away last week, and she will be so very missed. The funeral services were great though, a CELEBRATION of her life - and there were so many people who came. A few things that I will always remember about Gene are her many skills and talents- such as cooking, crocheting, knitting, and sewing - and especially her excitement as I began to take an interest in these things through her. Some of my favorite memories of Gene are spending the afternoon with her as she taught me how to crochet 'granny squares' and getting her advice on a dress that I was sewing using material she had given me. Also, she was so tough, I don't recall ever hearing her complain about her pain or discomfort - an example that I look up to so much! She was such a sweet lady, a friend to all who knew her. We love and miss you Gene!!

No comments:
Post a Comment