Monday, February 22, 2010

The BREAK up.....

Today while sitting at my desk at the good old Bank, I was staring out the window looking at the snow coming down, the mountains of dirty snow/ice in the corners of the parking lot, and the thick slush covering the roads - and couldn't help but wonder if Spring is ever going to come! I like winter, I do... but every season has it's time and winter's time is up! So I decided to do my part in letting winter know this. I'm not quite sure how I came up with this genius arrangement of words, but I hope you enjoy it. :)



Dear WINTER....

I'm sorry to have to do this, but I'm breaking up with you. You have most certainly worn out your welcome, and I'm D-O-N-E. I know doing this through a letter might be a bit impersonal, but I haven't been able to go outside for weeks, due to all of the snow and ice! In retrospect, things were so great at the beginning, when everything was so brand new and innocent. We had so much fun making snowmen and sledding and even doing donuts in the church parking lot.... But lately I've been dreaming of SPRING. He's all I can think about! The bright beautiful colors, the warm breeze blowing through my hair, being able to go outside with less than five layers on, THESE are the things that i love Winter. I don't love you, and I never have. I'm sorry if I led you on by eagerly sporting my new matching gloves and scarf, excitedly anticipating your arrival. But the truth is I just really like that scarf, and I USED you, only as an excuse to wear it. My interest in you was fleeting, perhaps maybe only as a vice to help me deal with the mourning caused by the passing of my dear friend, Autumn. Bottom line is, I've moved on and so should you. It's not you, it's me... well actually, yes, come to think of it, it IS you. It's all your fault, you are a cold and icy man. But that is just who you are and who you have always been, and I can't ask you to change that for me. So I think it's best if you just pack up your things and leave, but be careful not to slip on the layers of ice covering the front porch steps when you go... though I can't help but admit that I'd be pleased if you did. Farewell winter, I hope we can still be friends.

Sincerely, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment