Here's some new big news...I get to move to MEXICO!! To a city called Tehuacan, its just southeast of Mexico City. I'm going there to teach English to kids this summer with a program called ILP ( ilp.org - it is an awesome organization! ) and I am so stinkin' excited!! Here's a map of where I'll be living, Tehuacan is the RED dot.

I will be leaving April 26th and will be back August 12th. I will be living with a host family who won't speak any English, which I'm sure will be tough, but I'm excited to get to practice and hopefully improve my Spanish! I love new people, new places and new challenges - so I think this will be a really good experience for me. Mexico.... Here I come!! :) While I'm gone though, I will be missing a few very important things.. which I am really sad about! #1 - I will be missing my dad's birthday, and my niece's birthday!. #2 - One of my good friends will be getting home from his mission from Chile while I'm gone! I wish I could be home to at least say hello and make it to his homecoming. and #3 (and the most important)- One of my very best friends, Kayla Marie Orton, will be getting married!! On May 22nd. I am really sad I'm going to miss her big day... I'm sorry Kayla! Hopefully she'll be sending me lots and lots of pictures though :) This is probably my favorite pictures of me and Kayla, and this is Jesse, the amazing guy that she's marrying!

No comments:
Post a Comment