Above is our opening room! This is where all of the kids gather, and we get to sing fun songs (in english of course haha) and play games with the kids while we wait for everyone to come. Below is Pablo and I, he is one of my favorites from ILP! He is SO quiet, but such a sweetheart. :)
Above is one of the student's shirts they wore to school! Daniel's. I thought it was so awesome, I had to get a picture. Below is one of the activities I did with my class! We made paper plate masks, this is Ingrid and Ivanna with theirs. Has anyone seen 'Dora the Explorer'?? Can you see the resemblence with Ivanna, the one holding the lion? Wow.
Above is Jesus and a couple of the other kids after we finished our butterfly craft! They traced their hands for the wings. I love Jesus's face in this one!! You can tell how happy he is to be making a cute pink butterfly... don't worry the girls LOVED it! :) Below are some of my kids at Discovery, the other school I teach at. They have been doing so good with the book we are reading, so we got to play a fun game on Friday! Life-size Tic Tac Toe.
Found this little guy in the bathroom at the ILP school. Ughhh.
RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!!
I think we are coming into the rainy season here, it has been raining more and more frequently! And rain here is NOT the same thing as it is back in Utah... not even close! I have never experienced a rain storm like the ones here, they are amazing! It's 90 degrees, and POURING RAIN. Like the kind of rain that you are completely drenched being outside for 3 minutes. My favorite kind of weather! Love it. Here is me and one of the other teachers playing in the rain. :)
One bad side to the rain... with all of the water, some of it always manages to go where it SHOULDN'T be! The apartment that is attached to the ILP school that my head teacher and her husband live in has a few leaks...
YES... that is water coming out of the WALL!! it was coming out of the light switch and the internet cable hole... that can't be safe!! We held this pitcher there for about 40 minutes, that is until someone came up with a genius idea! see next picture :)
There are NO drainage systems here either, water just goes all over the roads. This is a street near our school the NEXT day after the storm.
There are dogs EVERYWHERE here! Everywhere. Every street corner, near every park bench, near every garbage dumpster in the roads. I wonder if some of them have ever even had a home. Probably not. The second picture? Yes, they are on a roof! Don't ask me how they got up there or how in the world they are going to get down... who knows. But I like them up there, that way they can't chase me. :)
THE CITY / EL CENTRO
These are some pictures from around the city and in the center. There is so much to see here in Tehuacan, I love it! I am starting to feel at home in this city, and believe it or not Mom, Jake and Dad, I have learned to navigate myself quite well!! I have only gotten lost once. :) They told us it was a small city, but it is easily as big or bigger than Ogden. And we get to walk EVERYWHERE! Good thing, because I eat so much here! My host family gives me thee best food.
A mexican horse trailer. :) Below are some police men, these guys are everywhere. And they always have those HUGE guns too, it's kinda scary.
Let me explain this picture. :) EVERY morning, I am woken up at 7am sharply by an annoying truck that drives up and down the streets in my neighborhood selling gas. (for your house) It plays the same loud song every morning followed by the same blaring advertisement! I have grown to like it though. :) When I saw this sign, it made me laugh SO hard! I want to put one up right by my house, so the music trucks won't come down our road.
Grafitti is EVERYWHERE here! I love it, some of it is so pretty. This one is my favorite though, it is right outside of the school. It says - "Te amo Yessic" Translation: I love Yessic (how they say Jessica) They love me here in Mexico! bahahah just kidding. It has been there for ages, pretty sure they're NOT referring to me. But still. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment