Missing Mexico.

I really miss Mexico! I love being home, but it was really hard to let go of my life and familia there. Some nights I just sit in bed for hours going through all of my pictures and just remembering how AMAZING this last summer was... If I could rewind time and relive this last summer I would do it in a second. Before Mexico, I never thought that it was possible to grow to love so many people so much, and so deeply, in such a small amount of time- only 3 short months. But it happened. And it was the BEST summer of my life! I made so many memories that I will never forget, became BEST friends with some amazing girls - all of which I look up to very much, AND (as if the things I've listed already wasn't enough) I was lucky enough to have had the opportunity to be a part of the most caring, generous, giving, and truly loving family. My family is what I miss the MOST. I am SO blessed! Here are a few pictures of my very favorite people, I love them all so much!

"There's no place like HOME, and there's nothing else like FAMILY."
I am finally back home, and it has been so good to be back with my family! I really missed them... SO much! Here are just a few pictures from what I have been up to lately, and adventures with friends and family since I've been home.
A bit of free time + collective creativity genius + a mac = this video. Enjoy :)
This is one of my best friends, ASHLEY THAYNE! She was there waiting at the airport when my plane came in, along with my wonderful mom, my niece Alizae, my brother Jake and his girlfriend Kinzie, Megan Jones, Kayla Orton Postak and her husband Jesse! It was so good to see everyone, and to have so many of the most important people in my life there at the airport waiting for me. It's so good to be home!

The Saturday after I got back, my niece Alizae and I went up on the overpass (our very favorite spot!!) and had lunch. It was so much fun, I love that girl so much. Our favorite part of the overpass is trying to get the cars and semi's to honk at us, by waving our arms and dancing, and I must say, we were pretty successful this time! :)
While in Mexico, I unconsciously made mental notes of things that I missed about home, things that I wanted to be sure to do when I got back home. The list is SO random! and fairly extensive, and full of simple things that I just LOVE to do. Lunch on the overpass: Check. Feeding the ducks: Check.
Driving around Ogden with 2 of my very best friends with .....an airhorn.... CHECK! Contrary to popular belief, a simple airhorn can be the source of hours and hours of fun and so many memories. :) Just ask Meg or Marz!
Getting ice cream at my very favorite place: CHECK!! x3. I think I might have had withdrawls from this place, I L-O-V-E it. Zeppe's, I'm glad we've been reunited.
I got to go to the Raptor's game with Ash, it was a fun night! Ya gotta love the good 'ol American pasttime, baseball. When they sang The National Anthem at the beginning of the game, I almost started tearing up, it was beautiful. I am more grateful now than I EVER have been to have been born and raised in the U.S. of A.
Below, the OGDEN TEMPLE! I am so lucky to live so close to such a wonderful place, literally a piece of heaven on earth. I love how beautiful the temple looks against the stormy dark sky, I think you could find a lot of symbolism in that! No matter how dark and stormy the world and our lives may get at times, the temple is always there as a shining example of everything good, and everything that I am working towards.
MY BROTHER BOUGHT A HOUSE!!
Yes, he BOUGHT a house. Crazy huh, considering that he is 19. He has worked SO hard on it for the last few months, and it is really coming along, it looks GREAT. He is such a hard-worker and I look up to him a lot. Here are a few pictures of the kitchen and stairs that he just finished building.
This is all of the Barker side of my family, and the first time in a little while that we have been able to get everyone together! So many people in this picture mean so much to me, and I am so blessed to have such wonderful people to call family.
The OVERPASS! again. I love that place. I went with Matthew Ralphs, my cousin Marian set us up on a date. It was really fun, though I think Matt might have thought my choice of location a little CRAZY. Ha.

This is ASHLEY! For her protection, I won't put her last name in case someone in the profession of law enforcement sees this picture, because I'm fairly positive that it is NOT legal. Ha but it was fun! Look how happy she is, she is having the time of her life on that horse.
I got my picture taken with the RAPTOR himself! Hahah how lucky am I. :) This is Matt Ralphs, he came down from Logan to go to the game with me, so nice.
And, last but not least.... STAR VALLEY!!!
Over Labor Day weekend I went to Starvalley with my mom and my niece to see my Grandma Barker. I have been to Star Valley every summer since before I can remember, but I was in Mexico when my family went this time! It was such a fun weekend, and so fun to spend time with my grandma at her place up there. SO many memories.
[pictures to come, I've had a few technical problems. But they're coming! Don't you worry. ]



No comments:
Post a Comment