Friday, July 23, 2010

Things I miss and things I WILL miss.

Things I'm really going to miss about MEXICO:





  • My host family!! Sandra, Christian, Emilio and sweet little Valentina


  • My STUDENTS! and hearing the phrase "teecha!"


  • Panaderias! y el mercado.


  • Mexican rain.


  • Whistles and cat calls!


  • Playing silly games with Emilio! :) Like the 'no-smile' game.


  • Holding Valentina. and even changing her diapers.


  • NOT having a cell phone. and no dating.


  • Street tacos. and tacos arabes.


  • My ROOF.


  • Hammicks on the roof.


  • Walking everywhere.


  • Hugs around the waist from Rodrigo.


  • Homeless dogs... kidding! Not going to miss them. :)


  • The delicious food.


  • Mamuts.


  • Bargaining!


  • Topes. (speed bumps)


  • The most generous, giving, loving people, who would really do anything for me.

Things I'm SO EXCITED for when I get home!




  • My FAMILY!!


  • Alizae.


  • All of my wonderful friends.


  • Going to the gym wish Ash!


  • Being able to run outside.


  • The OVERPASS!


  • My car.


  • A temple 15 minutes away.


  • A mail box right across the street from my house!


  • Cafe Rio. or Costa Vida.


  • Spoon me!


  • Zeppe's


  • Playing the piano on Sunday mornings.


  • FREE toilet paper at public bathrooms


  • COLD milk!


  • Drinking water straight from the tap.


  • Not having to worry about cockroaches when walking barefoot.


  • Going to school... NOT as a teacher. :)


  • Church in English!


  • Having a yard.


  • Familiarity. Being surrounded by people I love, and who love me unconditionally in return.

Wow, the lists are pretty equal.

BITTERSWEET.

No comments:

Post a Comment